Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Celery Avgolemono (Greek Egg Lemon Soup) with chicken Matzoh Balls

For Passover my daughter made an incredible meal but we know the food is only a background player to all the family. I have always looked for interesting recipes this is a classic combination in sephardi repertoires from around the world believe me this is a keeper! A delicious creamy soup (but no cream) tart and sweet. I love Avgolemono soup and once was challanged to make it on a remote island off the coast of Africa,this different version was perfect and the matzoh ball with chicken so delicious. My taste buds recommend 1/2 a cup of lemon juice instead of 2/3 of a cup and sprinkle at the end fresh chopped mint leaves

The joy of trying new and diffarant foods is sharing them with others. Let me know what you think!

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0h&oq=cele&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4DMUS_enUS299US300&q=celery+avgolemono+with+chicken+matzoh+balls

No comments:

Post a Comment